CVAE Moving Company agrees to provide the customer with labor and equipment necessary to move the customer’s household goods and personal effects (“Customer Goods”) from the customer’s current residence to the residence identified by the customer on the Service Agreement (“New Residence”). Services will be performed in a professional and workmanlike manner in accordance with industry standards.
The price for the services to be provided by CVAE Moving Company is set forth in the Service Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the parties, the price quoted is based on the information provided by the customer and is subject to change if the customer’s actual needs differ from the information provided.
The customer will pay CVAE Moving Company the price set forth in the Service Agreement, plus any additional charges that may be incurred, such as for storage, in accordance with the payment terms set forth in the Service Agreement.
The customer may cancel the Service Agreement at any time prior to the start of services by providing written notice to CVAE Moving Company. If the customer cancels the Service Agreement, the customer will be responsible for any charges incurred by CVAE Moving Company up to the time of cancellation.
The customer is responsible for (i) ensuring that the Customer’s Goods are properly packed and ready for transport on the date of the move; (ii) ensuring that there is adequate and safe access to the New Residence for the CVAE Moving Company’s vehicles and equipment; and (iii) providing CVAE Moving Company with any special instructions regarding the Customer Goods or the move.
Limits on Liability
CVAE Moving Company’s liability for any loss or damage to the Customer Goods is limited to the lesser of the actual value of the lost or damaged goods or the price set forth in the Service Agreement. In no event will CVAE Moving Company be liable for any indirect, consequential, or punitive damages.
Release of Liability
The customer hereby releases CVAE Moving Company from any and all liability for loss or damage to the Customer Goods, except to the extent caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of CVAE Moving Company.
Any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or the Service Agreement will be resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
These Terms and Conditions, together with the Service Agreement, constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior and contemporaneous agreements, proposals, and communications, both written and oral.
These Terms and Conditions may not be amended or modified except in writing signed by both parties. The failure of either party to enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms and Conditions will be binding on and will inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- All moves are based on a per-hour rate, with a four-hour minimum.
- A deposit of half the total price is required to confirm your booking. The remaining balance is due on the day of your move.
- We accept cash, e-transfer, or credit card payments.
- We do not move items that are flammable, corrosive, or explosive.
- We are not responsible for damage to any items that are not properly packed.
- We do not move pianos or any other large, heavy items.
- We do not move items from storage units.
- Our liability for any lost or damaged items is limited to $100 per item.
- If you cancel your booking within 48 hours of your scheduled move, you will forfeit your deposit.
- Our prices are based on the assumption that there are no stairs involved in the move. If there are stairs, there will be an additional charge.
- If you require us to move any items that are not listed on your initial inventory, there will be an additional charge.
- We do not provide packing services.
- We do not provide disassembly or reassembly services.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your home or property during the move.
- We do not provide insurance for your items. We recommend that you purchase your own insurance to cover your belongings.
By hiring us, you agree to these terms and conditions.